Difference between revisions of "Common module settings"
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Common module settings.
m (added link to spanish translation of document)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Latest revision as of 18:13, 27 October 2013
On the settings page for many modules, there is a section called "Common module settings". This refers to settings that are common to many modules.
Example - assignment activity
Group mode - assignment activity
When course group mode is turned on and force is set to no, the group mode can be one of three levels on the assignment activity level: no groups, separate groups or visible groups.
- No groups
- There are no groups and all students submit their assignments in one Assignment area
- Separate groups
- Students submit their assignments within a separate Group based submission area and teachers/trainers can sort submissions by Group or view All Participants.
- Visible groups
- All students submits their assignment within a single Assignment area but may choose which Group to associate their submission with before uploading. Teachers/trainers can sort submissions by Group or view All Participants.
Visible - assignment activity
Choose whether to Show or Hide the assignment
ID number - assignment activity
Setting an ID number provides a way of identifying the assignment for grade calculation purposes. If the activity is not included in any grade calculation then the ID number field can be left blank.
The ID number can also be set on the edit grade calculation page in the Gradebook, though it can only be edited on the update activity page of the module in a course context.
The ID number may also be used in integrations with other software.
Common module settings are used in
- Adding/editing an assignment
- Adding/editing a chat
- Adding/editing a choice
- Adding/editing a database
- Adding/editing a forum
- Adding/editing a glossary
- Adding/editing a lesson
- SCORM module
- Adding/editing a survey does not mention at all
- Adding/editing a quiz
- Adding/editing a wiki
- Grade export