Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.8. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Enrolment plugins.
Moodle provides a number of ways of managing course enrolment, called enrolment plugins.
Setting the enrolment method(s)
To set an enrolment method:
- Click on Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins.
- Click on the enable checkboxes opposite your chosen enrolment plugin(s). If you wish, you may choose more than one enrolment method. For example if you have some courses which students must pay for and some free courses, you can use PayPal and self enrolment.
- Click the "Save changes" button.
- Click the settings link opposite the enrolment plugin(s) you have chosen.
- Configure the required settings and click the "Save changes" button.
- Repeat until you have edited all the plugins you have enabled.
The order in which enrolment plugins are applied can be set. This may be important for some plugins. It also affects the order of enrolment options on the course enrol page.