Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.8. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: NanoGong.
NanoGong provides a very simple and transparent voice support for Moodle. Using a NanoGong activity and filter, it provides two different types of voice support for Moodle.
NanoGong icon can be used to record, playback and save a voice file, in a web page. The playback can be changed by the listener. The Listener's version of can be saved to the listener's hard disk. A NanoGong activity allows the student to submit their recording to the teacher.
- Record at one speed
- Create individual copy at a different speed
- Save copy on local hard drive
- Student can send back to teacher
- As of version 3.3, the NanoGong activity module supports backup/restore functionality. Administrators can now easily backup/restore a course with NanoGong activity using the standard Moodle backup/restore procedure.
Tips & Tricks
- Note: When downloaded, the HTML area (HTML edit tool) for a specific version of Moodle, will change the core Moodle code.
- Warning 2: When you install Nanogong in 1.9.x, you must also visit the admin page of the HTML-editor and switch the editorhidebuttons off for the Nanogong button. (default hide is on after install)
- If you install the minimum NanoGong (that is, without the HTML editor component), only the student role has the ability to record. The teacher can create a NanoGong activity and adjust the activity settings, but will not see any NanoGong recorder. To give the teacher access to the NanoGong recorder, the HTML editor component must be installed.
- NanoGong 3 is a Modules and plugins database page that has downloads and more information.
- Additional documentation
- Installing NanoGong in Moodle (outside of Moodle.org)
- Nanogong repository plugin for Moodle 2.0
- Release of NanoGong 4.1, an important update for Moodle users
- Nanogong Moodle Forum Discussion (inside of Moodle.org)