Mobile app Push Notifications
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.6. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version of Moodle may be available here: Mobile app Push Notifications.
Starting versions (1.4 ios, iPhone, iPad and 1.4.3 Android) Moodle Mobile support Push Notifications.
1. Install this plugin in 2.4, 2.5 or 2.6* (or simply enable it in 2.7)
2. Connect it to a mesaging server, you can use ours in case your Moodle site is registered. Go to Site administration /Plugins /Message outputs /Mobile Notifications and click in Request access key
3. Users need to connect at least once with the latest version of the app to register their phones with your site.
4) Users can configure notificiations in the Moodle messaging preferences (Administration / My profile settings / Messaging)
- For Moodle versions 2.4 and 2.5 the Moodle Mobile additional features must be also installed
- Only for Moodle different to 2.7 and onwards: If you upgrade your Moodle installation, you will have to reinstall the plugin since it add a couple of functions to the core Moodle Mobile service. See https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLSITE-2815?focusedCommentId=273741&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-273741 for more information
Installing your own Notifications infrastructure
If you have a customized version of the Mobile app, or you want to use your own Notifications infrastructure then you have to install a private AirNotifier (backend server for notifciations)
You have to add your app certificates there, see https://github.com/airnotifier/airnotifier/wiki/Installation
The message AirNotifier plugin allow you to point to your custom AirNotifier instance using your own access keys
Remember to install using GIT (branch moodle)