Revision as of 16:34, 15 October 2013 by Mary Cooch (talk | contribs) (removing ref to hints in adaptive mode)
The following question behaviours are available when creating a quiz (also when previewing questions):
- Deferred feedback
- Students must enter an answer to each question and then submit the entire quiz, before anything is graded or they get any feedback.
- Adaptive mode and Adaptive mode (no penalties)
- Allows students to have multiple attempts at the question before moving on to the next question.
- Manual grading
- Used for essay questions (irrespective of what the quiz is set to) but you can now choose to have every question in the quiz manually graded, if you wish.
- Interactive mode
- After submitting one answer, and reading the feedback, the student has to click a 'Try again' button before they can try a new response. They can be given hints to help them. Once the student has got the question right, they can no longer change their response. Once the student has got the question wrong too many times, they are just graded wrong (or partially correct) and get shown the feedback and can no longer change their answer. There can be different feedback after each try the student makes. The number of tries the student gets is the number of hints in the question definition plus one.
- Immediate feedback
- Similar to interactive mode in that the student can submit their response immediately during the quiz attempt, and get it graded. However, they can only submit one response, they cannot change it later.
- Deferred feedback or Immediate feedback with Certainty-based marking (CBM)
- With CBM, the student does not only answer the question, but they also indicate how sure they are they got the question right. The grading is adjusted by the choice of certainty, so that students have to reflect honestly on their own level of knowledge in order to get the best mark.
Managing question behaviours
An administrator can manage question behaviours available across the site in Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Question behaviours > Manage question behaviours.