Revision as of 11:42, 20 October 2012 by Mary Cooch (adding more information)
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Template creator.
- The role of Template creator may be used to allow editing teachers to save Feedback templates as "public" for use in other courses throughout the Moodle site.
- When saving Feedback questions, an administrator sees a box "Public", which, when ticked/checked, will make the template available for other users. Teachers in courses do not see this box; the instructions below explain how to enable it for them.
Creating a new role
- As an administrator, go to Settings>Site administration>Users>Permissions>Define roles and click the "Add a new role" button.
- Give the role a name (such as "Template creator", but it can be anything meaningful to you) and assign it to the site context.
- Filter to see entries connected with "Feedback" and tick to "allow"
- Click the "Create this role" button.
Assigning the role to a teacher
- As an administrator, go to Settings>Users>Permissions>Assign system roles.
- You should now see your newly created role here.
- Assign the role to the required course teacher(s)
- When the teacher returns to their course, they will see the "Public" box in the Feedback templates screen.