Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: News forum.
Template:Forums The News forum is a special forum for general announcements. A course may only have one News forum unless it has been imported from another system which supports more than one news forum.
This forum is automatically created for each course and for the front page of the Moodle site. By default, it is placed in the top of the center section and only teachers and administrators may add posts or reply to posts. Also the default settings forces every enroled person to be subscribed to the News forum.
As with any forum, emails can be sent to subscribed members of a News forum.
Removing the news forum
The news forum may be removed from a course as follows:
- Delete the news forum from the course homepage
- In Course settings set "News items to show" to 0
- Delete the Latest news block
- Alternatively - hide the news forum
- Upgrading to Moodle 1.8 for steps to enable logged-in users to read the site news