Installations 1000 plus
Revision as of 17:25, 29 August 2006 by Daniel Miksik (Added: Czech Republic heading; Faculty of Arts, Masaryk Uni)
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Installations 1000 plus.
- Monte Sant' Angelo Mercy College - MonteNet is used as our colleges student intranet and e-learning portal. Currently running 1.6dev with a few extra custom features thrown in.
- Monte Sant' Angelo Mercy College - Compass takes moodle and uses it for a purpose that is a little outside the square. Compass is used as the staff intranet. Each course is refered to as a "Space" and is used by each departmentr to store meating minutes, agendas and teaching documentation. Communications tools such as forums allow to facilitate better teacher communication and the events are used to keep the teachers events online and targeted (e.g. year 9 teachers all know when excursions are on, all english teachers know when reports are due, etc).
- KSGWL, Wetteren, Oost-Vlaanderen, 5,000+ 100 courses over 5 moodle installations. Moodle runs on a single server, dual 240 2gig RAM. We do our own hosting at school. Currently we have 800 active users.
- Faculty of philosophy in Zagreb - Omega sustav ucenja na daljinu is used as our faculty-wide e-learning system. Currently running 1.6 dev with more than 2200 users and 150+ courses.
- Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Brno - ELF, 16,000+ users total, 4,000+ active users in Spring Term 2006, 600+ courses; using Moodle from April 2003.
- Tampere Polytechnic or Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulu (www.tamk.fi), is a around 5000 student college or "a university of applied sciences" located at Tampere, Finland. Our moodle installation hosts around 2500 active students.
- Lahti Polytechnic or Lahden ammattikorkeakoulu is also a "university of applied sciences", located at Lahti, Finland. We have about 5400 students, and a Moodle installation called Reppu (Finnish word for "backpack"). We are approaching the 5000 active users mark.
- We are a 5000 people school, one server, 9 locations and using Moodle for almost three years now: https://studiewijzerplus.nl Every schoolyear we start again with counting the number of users and the automatic counter (thanks Penny!) is now pointing at 3103
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) - distance education programme Management of Global Processes
- CICEI - Center of Innovation for the Information Society. We have a production Moodle server having currently 1,042 users in 72 courses covering a wide range of applications (as of February 6, 2006).
- Centre fri-tic - Center for ICT Integration of Canton de Fribourg. Currently running 1 moodle for teachers and students from k-12 to High school, with more than 2000 users and about 130 courses. The Centre fri-tic is also hosting 9 other moodle installations for specific schools.
- Alton College - a Beacon sixth form college with over 2,500 active users.
- Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form - a specialist arts school with over 2,000 active moodlers and 345 courses whose usage was the basis of this Guardian article
- Goldsmiths College, London - over 2,500 active users. See also this presentation at a 2004 conference.
- Thanet College - a "medium sized general FE college", using Moodle as documented in this Ferl case study
- West Nottingahmshire College - an FE college in the East Midlands.
- Prepare: Life in the United Kingdom Test - a free website dedicated to Life in the UK Test.
United States of America
- Glyphdoctors is a site with over 1200 registered users (as of Feb. 2006) on a shared server host, Open Source Host. It will offer online courses in Egyptology and Egyptian hieroglyphs to the general public. Currently, there is one free public course available and a course in Egyptian hieroglyphs under beta testing with a small number of students.
- McMurry Universityhas one Moodle instance, begun as a pilot project in June, 2005. McMurry is a small (1400 FTE) undergraduate-only institution affiliated with the United Methodist church. Currently the instance supports 1700 users (650 active), some 32 instructors, and approximately 50 active courses.
- Aiken High Schoolhas over 2000 registered users in grades 9 - 12 (Feb. 2006).
- The Culver Academies has over 1000 registered users in grades 9 - 12. The school has been using Moodle in the classroom since the 2002-2003 school year. Administratively we have a Moodle "course" for faculty-only announcements and materials.