Difference between revisions of "Import course data"
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Import course data.
(→How to use import course data: relabel image, use thumb, call it import link in the menu)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 11:28, 5 August 2011
Please refer to these notes before editing this page.
Course activities and resources may be imported from any other course that the teacher has editing permissions. This will allow teachers to re-use instead of re-creating one or more activities and resources(contexts).
Import course data is similar to a backup and restore process, except the two step process is combined into one step and no user data is included. This feature will not import student or teacher data, such as quizzes, forum posts and discussions. It will only import the structure of such activities.
How to use import course data
- Select the Import link from the Course administration menu.
- Next, select the course you wish to import from and click the Use this course button.
- You will be presented with a check box list from which you can select the type of activities or resources you wish to import (see below).
- Finally, click Continue after you have made your selections to import those items.
Examples and tips
Importing a quiz from course A to course B, will bring in the questions.
- Tip: Groups can also be imported as a batch from a file.