Difference between revisions of "Assignment module"
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.3. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Assignment module.
(→Non-standard assignment types)
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Revision as of 16:00, 23 January 2007
Assignments allow the teacher to grade various types of student submissions. There are four standard assignment types.
Upload a single file
A student can upload a single file. This could be a Word document, spreadsheet or anything digital. Multiple files could be zipped and then submitted.
This assignment type asks users to edit a text, using the normal editing tools. Teachers can grade them online, and even add inline comments or changes.
This is useful when the assignment is performed outside of Moodle. It could be something elsewhere on the web or face-to-face. Students can see a description of the assignment, but can't upload files or anything. Grading works normally, and students will get notifications of their grades.
Advanced uploading of files
Template:Moodle 1.7 This type of assignment allows each participant to upload one or more files in any format. These might be Word processed documents, images, a zipped web site, or anything you ask them to submit. This type also allows you to upload multiple response files. Response files can be also uploaded before submission which can be used to give each participant different file to work with. Participants may also enter notes describing the submitted files, progress status or any other text information. Submission of this type of assignment must be manually finalized by the participant. You can review the current status at any time, unfinished assignments are marked as Draft. You can revert any ungraded assignment back to draft status.
Non-standard assignment types
- Group Assignment (by Patrick Jermann) - One user uploads the file but all the members of his or her group "benefit" from the submission
- uploadmulti (by Brian Jones) - Allows uploading multiple files
- Multiple Files Upload (by Gustav W Delius) - Allows uploading multiple files
- Review assignment (by Humboldt State University) - A new assignment type that adds the ability to send back to the student a graded copy of their file (for Moodle 1.5)
- Form (by Michael Robellard) - Allows students to enter information in a form (multiple textarea boxes) and then the teacher can grade each textarea with a number of points (or other grading scale) and give a comment for each form field
- ULPGC Assignment (by Enrique Castro) - Allows teacher to upload multiple files with the assignment, automatically grade the whole group and upload multiple review files after grading/commenting. Students can upload many files (up to the number set by the instructor).