Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Roadmap.
This roadmap collects the best information about upcoming features in Moodle. It is not 100% certain - features may change according to available funding and developers.
Version 1.7 - Expected August 2006
- Roles - Moodle.com
- This new system will allow the creation of custom roles at site, course and activity level
- Accessibility - Moodle.com
- Full compliance with all major accessibility standards
- XML Database Schema - Moodle.com
- Conversion to full database independence using new XML schema for ADOdb. This will give us support for MS SQL, Oracle etc.
- Repository API - Open University
- Abstract all file operations to an API that allows plugins for different external repositories
- Gradebook - Arab Open University
- The gradebook system will be revamped for performance, switching from our older "pull" model to a "push" model where all modules will now publish grades as necessary into a central table.
- Multi Authentication - Iñaki Arenaza?
- Learning Design export - Moodle.com and Open University of The Netherlands
- We plan to have a very simple export for any Moodle course into IMS LD format, as a proof of concept and to help the community start learning about IMS LD.
- Latitude/longitude data type - Dan Stowell
Version 2.0 - Expected early 2007
- IMS Learning Design - Moodle.com
- Support for importing/exporting LD, converting Moodle activities and sequences of activities into a standard format for sharing, and importing standard sequences into Moodle courses
- Conditional activities - Moodle.com
- Allowing dependencies and forced paths through the content
- Metadata - Moodle.com
- Build on the keywords in 1.6 to provide metadata for all activities and courses, linkable to standard lists of metadata such as State-based learning outomes and curricula
- Providing remote control and access of Moodle services by other systems, as well as sharing of information between Moodle sites with trust relationships.
- API for integrating external systems for managing student information
- Community hub - Moodle.com
- Leverage above improvements into a system to network Moodles together
- Groups can also be defined at the site level, and activities can be assigned to course groups
- Interface Moodle activities and repositories to help produce portfolios for internal assessment AND external publication