Moodle 2.0.3 release notes
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle 2.0.3 release notes.
Release date: Not yet released
- MDL-9376 - Q and A forum editing time allows students to see other posts and modify their own
- MDL-4633 - The description field is now a required user profile field
- MDL-26697 - Multiple multimedia plugin filter fixes and improvements
- MDL-24724 - There is now a link to send messages on basic profile pages
User interface changes
- MDL-26388 - Duplicate files uploaded through the file picker are now handled
- MDL-26535 - New capability mod/workshop:viewauthorpublished for controlling visibility of workshop published submission authors
- MDL-25834 - Fixes to themes for IE
A number of security issues were resolved, including changes to APIs. Administrators are advised to update before details of security issues are revealed, which will happen one week after release.
Changes to APIs
- Multiple fixes to ratings
- Modules etc wanting to make use of ratings are now required to implement two callback functions, modname_rating_permissions() and modname_rating_validate(). Full details of the callbacks are available in the rating 2.0 documentation
- Comments API improvements
- Plugins intending to use comments are required to implement two callback functions: pluginname_comment_validate(), and pluginname_comment_permissions. Please read full details in Comments documentation.
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-26643 - Fixed blog visibility issue after update
- MDL-26768 - Grades from Lessons are now correctly set to null on non-attempt
- MDL-26798 - Fixes to Dropbox repository integration
- MDL-27116 - Fixed theme directory linking
- MDL-27246 - Able to checkout strings in the language customisation tool
- MDL-27251 - Added optional timeout estimation to file downloads based on file size as it can blocks upgrade
- MDL-27394 - Backup and restore might sometimes have scrambled the order of choices in question types.
A total of over 200 changes were made. See the full list of fixed issues in 2.0.3.