Active Forums block
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.2. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Active Forums block.
- Active Forums Block allows users to view forum activity in a tag cloud style.
- The most active discussions will be displayed bold and large while less active discussions are less prominent.
- Help users to differentiate and track the discussion activity over a certain period of time.
- Show all discussion forums activity but News forums are excluded by default
This Active Forums block is installed like other blocks (See: How to install a block)
It is possible to achieve the following configurations:
- Block instance title: There can be multiple instances of the Active Forums block. You may want to show a different time period for active forum discussions in same course./li>
- Period checked (days): This option lets a teacher set different time frames for forum activity in a course./li>
- Maximum name length before truncation: This option constrains the discussion title to a maximum length, before it is truncated and displayed in the block. With this, a teacher can allow discussion titles to be shown at full length or they can shorten the titles to reduce space occupied by the tag cloud./li>
- Maximum discussions in tag cloud: In periods of high activity, there may be many active forums. A teacher can restrict the number of discussions displayed to reduce the space occupied by the discussion tag cloud./li>
- Include News forums: News forums are used to make announcements, so students will not be able to be active in them. By default, therefore, these are not shown among active forums.