Youtube videos repository
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Youtube videos repository.
The Youtube repository allows users to search from within the HTML/TinyMCE editor for a youtube video which they can then embed without the need for any coding. The option needs to be enabled by the administrator before it is available for teachers and students.
Enabling the Youtube repository
- Go to Site Administration>Plugins>Repositories>Manage Repositories;
- Select from the drop down next to Youtube "Enabled and visible";
- If desired,click on "Settings" and give Youtube a customised name (not essential)
Searching for and embedding a video from Youtube
- Youtube videos can be searched for and embedded anywhere there is the HTLM/TinyMCE editor, for example a label or a page.
- Click the filmstrip, "Moodle media icon" in the editor:
- Click "Find or upload a sound, video or applet"
- The file picker will appear with Youtube videos as an option. Click it and a search box will appear:
- Type in your search terms. Videos on that topic will appear. Click the one you want to use and it will appear enlarged.
- Rename if desired; add the author and license if needed and click "Select"
- The video will be previewed in the next screen.
- Click "Insert"
- DO NOT WORRY IF YOUR VIDEO NO LONGER SHOWS! You will just get a blue text link until you save. Then it will display :)
The youtube repository is enabled but I still can't see the youtube option in the file picker