Site administration block
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Site administration block.
Template:Moodle 1.8 The site administration block is seen on the home page of the Moodle site by administrators. This block was reorganized in Moodle 1.7. The page index will guide you to the sub categories under each of the major headings. In Moodle 2.0 the site administration settings are show as expandable links in the Settings block.
- Links in Moodle Docs
This links to a page with several purposes.
- Cron can be run from this page if it's not automated
- The site's Moodle version, copyright, acknowledgments and GNU license information can be found here
- If a new version of Moodle has been loaded, notification can begin the install process
- There is a Moodle registration request and link
Users page has a site admin block section
The site administration block under the courses folder has
- Add/edit courses link will also Add/edit course categories
- Enrollment (settings page)
- Course request
- Backup settings
- Themes folder
- Filter settings
- HTML editor
- Moodle Docs
- My Moodle
- Course managers
- Sticky blocks
Front Page is often administered as a type of course.
- Front Page settings
- Front Page roles Assign roles page
- Front Page backup Course backup page
- Front Page restore General Restore page
- Site files
- System paths
- Session handling
- Maintenance mode
- PHP info
- Peers Moodle Network page
- SSO Access Control Moodle Network page
- XML-RPC hosts Moodle Network page
For the most part, the above with submenus can be found by expanding the links under site administration in the Settings block in Moodle 2.0.
- Course administration block for settings for each specific course