Difference between revisions of "Online users block"
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Online users block.
m (blocks template, category edit)
|(14 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The '''Online ''' block shows users who have been logged into the current coursea the default is 5 minutes ).
* If you hold the cursor over somebody's name, you will see how long ago that person was last "seen" in the course
* If you click on the envelope icon next to somebody's name, you will be able to send a private message to that person (using Moodle's messaging system)
Latest revision as of 16:49, 26 August 2011
- Managing blocks
- Block settings
- Admin bookmarks
- Blog menu
- Blog tags
- Community finder
- Course completion status
- Course overview
- Course/site description
- Latest news
- Logged in user
- Main menu
- My private files
- Network servers
- Online users
- Quiz results
- Random glossary entry
- Recent activity
- Remote RSS feeds
- Search forums
- Section links
- Self completion
- Social activities
- Upcoming events
- Blocks FAQ
The Online users block shows a list of users who have been logged into the current course. The list is updated on a regular basis (the default is every 5 minutes but this may be changed - see below).
- If you hold the cursor over somebody's name, you will see how long ago that person was last "seen" in the course
- If you click on the envelope icon next to somebody's name, you will be able to send a private message to that person (using Moodle's messaging system)
Note: If separate groups are enabled in a course and this block is added onto the course page, only members of the group will be displayed in the list.
Site administration settings
The online users block has one setting which may be changed by an administrator in Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Blocks > Online users.
- block_online_users_timetosee - The number of minutes after which users will not be displayed in the list. The default is 5 minutes. You may want to adjust this if the list of users displayed is too long or too short.
Using Moodle forum posts: