Difference between revisions of "My Moodle"
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: My Moodle.
(→See also: forum link)
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
* Using Moodle [http://moodle.org/mod/forum/
* Using Moodle [http://moodle.org/mod/forum/.php?=My Moodle forum]
Revision as of 08:39, 27 February 2009
My Moodle is a customisable "dashboard" page for providing users with links to their courses and activities within them, such as unread forum posts and upcoming assignments. This feature is available in Moodle 1.6 onwards.
Enabling My Moodle
To enable My Moodle, click the "Force users to use My Moodle" checkbox in Administration > Appearance > My Moodle (Moodle 1.7 onwards) or set mymoodleredirect to Yes in Administration > Configuration > Variables > Miscellaneous (Moodle 1.6)
Sticky blocks in My Moodle
- In Administration > Appearance > Sticky blocks (in 1.7 or 1.8) or Administration > Modules > Blocks > Sticky blocks (in 1.9 onwards) choose "My Moodle" from the drop-down "Page type to configure" menu
- Select the required blocks from the "Add a block" drop-down menu. Configure each block as desired.
- Reposition blocks using the arrow icons in the block headers.
Template:Moodle 1.8From Moodle 1.8 onwards, users are allowed to add blocks to their My Moodle page. This can be prevented by editing the authenticated user role and changing the moodle/my:manageblocks capability from allow to not set.
- Using Moodle My Moodle forum
Using Moodle forum discussions: