Moodle Course Creator Certificate
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle Course Creator Certificate.
What is the Moodle Teacher Certificate?
The Moodle Teacher Certificate, or MTC, is a way for you to demonstrate your skills in using Moodle as a teacher.
The assessment contains a course project, a short narrative document, and an online exam.
You will be assigned an MTC-certified mentor-assessor to help guide you through this process.
When you pass the certification you are given a code that lets you (or anyone else you give it to) download your personalised certificate as a PDF from the http://certificates.moodle.com site.
The MTC is not a training course, it assumes that already know what you need to know and want to be assessed and certified.
Who provides the certification?
The content of the certification is designed by the Moodle community at moodle.org where you can find discussions, documentation and preparation guides.
If you are considering MTC, please join the area on moodle.org: Certification area on moodle.org
The certification process is administered world-wide by Moodle Partners. The fee is AU$400 (25% of this goes directly towards Moodle development).
How can I get a Moodle Teacher Certificate?
If you can review the checklist below and honestly say "Yes" to each then you are probably ready to register and start:
- I have created at least one Moodle course previously and used it with learners
- I am familiar with the Moodle Docs area, and can find my way around
- I have read all the documentation in the Moodle Certification area
- I can set aside 5-10 hours a week to work on my MTC (this may vary depending on your previous experience)
- I want to improve my understanding and use of Moodle!
--Stuart Mealor 21:14, 9 January 2007 (CST)
- The Moodle Teacher Certificate (MTC) area on moodle.org