Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Developer notes.
Note: New developer documentation pages should be added to the Development namespace by typing
Development:before the new page name i.e.
[[Development:New page name]]
This area is for developers to work on various bits of code and documentation as necessary. Once material has matured it should be linked to from the main Developer documentation page.
- 1 Core code
- 2 Modules and other recognised plugin types
- 3 Markup & Theming
- 4 Other
- 5 Archive: past proposals
- Language issues
- Datalib Notes
- Application/session variables
- Filters schema
- Filterall support
- Groups documentation for module developers
- Plan to improve ability to delegate administrator tasks to course category level
- Stealth mode and nested activities
- How enrolments should work in Moodle 2.0
- Redesigning the override roles page
Modules and other recognised plugin types
Quiz & question types
- File storage conversion Quiz and Questions - notes for MDL-16094.
- How the quiz navigation should work in Moodle 2.0 - MDL-20276.
- Moodle 2.0 question bank improvements - including question tagging and improved searchability.
- Proposal to change the Moodle Question Engine This supersedes
- Calculated question development
- Numerical question units and intervals
- Future question bank/sharing/versioning requirements
- Development:States of a quiz attempt
- Development:Optional checkbox "This is all my own work" before submitting a quiz
- The OU PMatch algorithm
Other activity modules
- Blogs, forums and the nature of discussion
- Conditional activities
- Improved Payment Plugin
- Development:Moodle-specific customisations to the HTML editor
- Development:Moodle Automatic Regression Test and Inspection Nit-picker
- Projects developed in Volgograd State Technical University becomes to many to simple list them on that page.
Markup & Theming
- MoodleDocs development
- Document Management API
- Possible integration of WIKINDX with Moodle
- Development:Snapshot - flat HTML export of complete course
- Development:Offline Moodle - A Moodle that runs on a mobile device with the internet
- A standard set of fixtures for unit tests?
Archive: past proposals
Things that got implemented
Quiz & question types
- Quiz UI redesign
- Administration page for question types
- Plans for enhancing the question bank - in Moodle 1.9
- Email notification when a quiz is submitted - in Moodle 1.9
- Development:Plans for enhancing import/export in questiontype plugins - in Moodle 1.9
- Quiz navigation
- Open protocol for accessing question engines
- Quiz report enhancements
- Flagging questions during a quiz attempt