Drag and drop upload block
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 2.0. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Drag and drop upload block.
This block works in Moodle 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2, but will clash with the built-in drag and drop upload in Moodle 2.3 (which was based on this block). It has been tested with Firefox 5, Chromium 14 and Chrome 12, on Windows and Linux (Ubuntu). It should also work in IE10 (when it is released). It has only been tested with the 'Topic' course format.
- Unzip the files to a suitable location on your local machine
- Create a new folder on the server <moodleroot>/blocks/dndupload
- Upload the files you unzipped to this new folder on your server
- Login as administrator and click on 'Notifications'
- Add the block to a course in the usual way
- Turn editing on (in the usual way) - the block does not show if editing is off
- Select a few files from your desktop and drag them onto a course section
- Does not work in all browsers (IE, older FF/Chrome)
- No easy way to delete all the files, if you accidentally upload too many files (you have to delete them one-by-one)
- Moving resources that you have just uploaded around has slight sorting issues with other files you have just uploaded (if it is a problem, refresh the page)
Thanks to the following websites, that were invaluable in the creation of this block:
- and, as always, https://docs.moodle.org/dev
Special thanks to The University of St Andrews, for sharing some code to put some of the final polish on the operation of the block.
Any problems / questions please contact: email@example.com http://www.davodev.co.uk