Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: GeoGebra.
GeoGebra is a free and multi-platform dynamic mathematics software for all levels of education that joins geometry, algebra, tables, graphing, statistics and calculus in one easy-to-use package.
This module allows the incorporation of GeoGebra activities in Moodle and save its state. It is contributed by the Departament of Education of Catalonia, and has been developed in collaboration with the Catalan Association of GeoGebra (ACG) and the GeoGeobra development team
The main features of this module are:
- Allows embedding easily GeoGebra activities in some Moodle course.
- Facilitates students tracing because it stores the score, date, duration and construction of each of the attempts made by the users.
- Students can save the state of the activities to continue them later.
- Access to the GeoGebra page in the moodle.org plugins database: http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_geogebra
- Select the correct version of the "geogebra.zip" module for your Moodle installation
- Unpack the zip file into the mod folder of your Moodle site
- Login to the Moodle site as administrator and
- In site administration block click on Notifications
- Moodle will install the GeoGebra module
Tips and tricks
- A variable named grade must be defined in each GeoGebra activity to allow Moodle save properly the score, which will be updated depending on the user actions. If it doesn't exist, the grade will be always 0. Therefore, if the grade isn't defined, it's recommended to select No grading option as Grading Method.
The latest code (developing trunk) is here: https://github.com/projectestac/moodle-mod_geogebra