Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Quiz module.
Purpose of the index page
As I understand it, the pages in this MoodleDocs wiki that have names that correspond to pages in Moodle are supposed to explain the Moodle page. However the mod/quiz/index page, like the corresponding pages for other modules, appear to serve the additional role as the main page for the Quiz module. So I intend to put general information about the quiz onto this page, similar to how it has been done for the lesson module on mod/lesson/index for example. Is that what I am supposed to do? Or should there be a separate main page for the quiz module, named perhaps simply Quiz? -- Gustav Delius 17:59, 26 January 2006 (WST)
- Thanks for your comments. All contributions to the documentation are most welcome. I would recommend that general information about the quiz is put onto mod/quiz/index however if you have any alternative suggestions, perhaps they could be discussed in the Using Moodle Documentation forum (available soon!) -- Helen Foster 18:10, 26 January 2006 (WST)
- Just edited the link in your reply to /index, which I'm sure you meant, rather than /info ;-) --Helen 16:59, 29 January 2006 (WST)
I was a bit lost at "This is the page where you can see all the quiz activities in the course, organized under four headings".
I thought I was reading an overview of the Quiz module itself, so the reference to "This page" was not clear. Not sure how it's supposed to work, so I didn't correct it, sorry :-) --Samuli Karevaara 05:14, 17 March 2008 (CDT)
- Hi Samuli, thanks for your comments. I've changed "This page" to "The quiz module index page". You're right about Quiz module page being an overview of the Quiz module, however it's also linked from the quiz module index page in Moodle (e.g. Moodle Features Demo Quizzes). --Helen Foster 08:36, 21 March 2008 (CDT)
The question bank and the quiz module are separate
They are obviously related, but they are different, so I don't think it is helpful to put this page in the questions category.
- I added Question bank to the Quiz template and Quiz to the Question bank template. I was tired of not having a handy link. The two subjects are closely related. I did not do this for the Lesson template (grin). --chris collman 16:16, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
Changes in Jan 09
I like that this entry page to the Quiz module is so compact. However, I did not get the idea of all the things Quiz could do from the introduction. I added a "features" section. While I generally like to separate out opinions from instructions, I thought they were appropriate in the features section. And added a few of my own,as if Quiz needs any promotion.
The interplay between Quiz and Question bank is hard to separate on a functional level. A teacher who comes to Quiz will also be dealing with Question bank. Essentially without question bank, you do not have anything in your quiz.
The index page needs a little work but we will leave that for another day.
Best to all --chris collman 16:29, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Chris. Nice changes. Keep up the good work.--Tim Hunt 16:15, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
Incredibly poor English
It is appalling how poor the grammar is on these wiki pages. This is a program to encourage learning, but run-on sentences, improper punctuation, poor syntax and word choice are rampant in these wiki pages! This is not very reassuring for an educator wanting to use the program. Paul Perspectoff 21:59, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
- Paul, many thanks for your help in rewriting the documentation. Over time, as more people contribute to the documentation, including people for whom English is not their first language, it becomes necessary to rewrite the pages and improve the content. Your help is much appreciated :-) --Helen Foster 07:34, 19 February 2010 (UTC)