Moodle for Mobiles
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle for Mobiles.
Moodle For Mobiles
This project targets Japanese mobile phones 98% of which at present support CHTML. MFM is a parallel interface to Moodle that works on your Mobile phone. Includes :
- User login
- Course navigation
- Multi Language support.
- Activities in a Moodle course can be mobile enabled by a teacher so that they are then available to be used on students’ mobile phones.
- So far Quiz and Feedback modules ported –function libraries and framework already in place to do more.
Installing a Mobile Enabled Moodle Site
Install the latest version of Moodle version 1.6. The Moodle for Mobiles code is available free of cost from http://download.moodle.org/download.php/modules/mobile.zip or from the moodle.org cvs system in contrib/mobile. Follow the simple instructions in the included README.txt (link points to file in Moodle CVS which you can view).
Moode for Mobiles Activity Modules
The Moodle for Mobiles code includes plug in functionality to allow developers to develope code to make a mobile version of an activity module. The following activities already have already been ported for use on mobile phones :
- The Feedback module, en/mobile/customscripts/mod/feedback see MFM feedback activity documentation here. The following items types are all supported :
- check box
- dropdown rated
- dropdown, radio button
- radio button rated
- picture, textfield
- text box
- The Quiz module, en/mobile/customscripts/mod/feedback see MFM quiz activity documentation here. The mfm code supports question type plug ins just as the main Moodle code does so adding question types is easy. Currently supported question types are :
- Multiple choice
- Matching questions
- The Hotpot module.
- Cookieless Sessions
- Using Moodle Moodle for Mobiles Quiz code released forum discussion
- Using Moodle Re: Customised Scripts -Moodle for Mobiles projects use of forum posting