Moodle 2.0 release notes
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Moodle 2.0 release notes.
Release date: July 20, 2010
Before the final release we will have a series of rapidly improving Preview releases, roughly weekly. These are to allow a wider range of developers and contributors to test the code on copies of their production servers, help us tweak the interface and performance, and work on translations, modules and other third-party code (most of which will have to be rewritten significantly).
- Moodle 2.0 Preview 1 release notes - May 4, 2010
- Moodle 2.0 Preview 2 release notes
- Moodle 2.0 Preview 3 release notes
- Moodle 2.0 Preview 4 release notes
- Moodle 2.0 Preview 5 release notes
Here is the full list of fixed issues in 2.0.
The notes below are under construction right now.
- MDL-11501 New SCORM module settings - display attempt status, display course structure, force completed, force new attempt, lock after final attempt - allowing the behaviour dictated to the SCORM object by the authoring package to be changed
- MDL-17827 Workshop module has been rewritten from scratch. As a very fresh code, it is a subject of massive testing, bug-fixing and improving. However we hope that the 2.0 version, even in this premature state, is significantly better than the legacy one.
Known problems and regressions
For Developers: API Changes
- Database layer changes - you will need to update your code.
- File handling changes - you will need to update your code.
- Rendering layer changes - should be mostly backwards compatible, but you are advised to upgrade your code.
- Require capability used to do an automatic require_login. It no longer does so. All pages must explicitly call require_login if they need it. MDL-19882
- Changes to the question type API