Wiki module 2.0
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Wiki module 2.0.
The Wiki module included in Moodle v2 differs from the Previous Wiki in a number of ways:
- No page autolinking. In the previous wiki, the software would search all pages for page titles and automatically convert them to hyperlinks to the page. The new wiki software requires all interlinking of pages to be created manually. The Wiki Page Auto-linking mentioned in Moodle standard Filters is not included in moodle v2 installations.
- Choice of wiki markup formats - HTML, Creole or NWiki. Creole and NWiki are more consistent with the MediaWiki format. The same format can be forced for all wiki pages or left to the users choice.
- The search feature searches for words and partial words
- each page has a "Map" tab which lists all wiki pages in alphabetical order (unfortunately made longer by grouping by first letter.). There is hyperlink alphabet to jump to a particular letter.
- First page name of the wiki is uneditable (i.e. MUST be "First page name").
- Wiki administration is housed in a block containing:
- Edit settings. The same settings as when the wiki is created
- Locally assigned roles. Allows specific role settings for the wiki independent of the course.
- Permissions. Allows settings of permissions for the roles sbove.
- Check permissions. Shows a list of allocated permissions for checking who has permission to do what
- Filters. All on by default. Database autolinking does not work (or perhaps does not refer to the wiki).
- Logs. List of who has changed what pages (additional to the single page History tab.
- Backup. Links to site backup page.
- Restore. Links to site restore page.
Wiki in Moodle 2.0 video:
Questions about emedding video in Moodle 2+ Wiki
- YouTube: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=136500
- General: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=162253