Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Student projects/ical.
Calendar export to iCal
iCal is the standard format for "streaming" event data, like RSS for calendars.
Design and construct a solution for producing public and private iCal files from the events in Moodle's calendar.
- it should be efficient and only updated when new events have been added and only when the ical file has been requested at least once
- calendars should be produced for each course, for each user, and for the whole site (public view and private view)
- the iCal files should be standard and compatible with, say, Google Calendar.
- for some measure of security, calendar URLs should include a long unique encrypted string that is difficult to guess.
- For extra points, implement an optional method of publishing direct to Google calendar (see Google Calendar API)
See this forum post too
(done in 1.8)