Adding a new course
Adding a course
To add a course:
- Go to Settings>Site Administration>Courses>Add/edit courses
- Choose the category where you want your course to be. For more information see Course categories
- Click the "Add a new course" button
- Enter the course settings, then click the "Save changes" button.
- On the next screen, choose your students/teachers to assign to the course.
Deleting a course(s)
A regular teacher can't delete a course. Administrators and managers (i.e. users with a role for which the capability moodle/course:delete is allowed) can delete courses. A Course creator can delete courses they have created themselves.
To delete a course (as an administrator or manager):
- Go to Settings > Site Administration > Courses > Add/edit courses
- Click the course's category (to drill down the category tree) and find the course you wish to delete. Or use the "Search course" textbox at the bottom of the category list.
- Click the "X" icon to the right of the course's name to delete it.
You can delete multiple courses by:
- Creating a new (temporary) category. You can name it "To be deleted".
- Select and move the "About to be deleted" courses to that category ("To be deleted").
- Delete the category ("To be deleted") and choose "Delete ALL - cannot be undone".
There is no user interface for course creators to delete courses they have created, however they can do so by editing the URL of the course from http://yourmoodlesite.net/course/view.php?id=N to http://yourmoodlesite.net/course/delete.php?id=N (replacing 'view' with 'delete').
An admin can set the default category for course requests, whether users can select a category when requesting a course, and who can receive notification of course requests (from a list of users with the capability moodle/site:approvecourse).
A 'Request a new course' button will then appear on the 'All courses' page. The All courses page can be accessed via a link in the Courses block.
If course requests are enabled, by default all authenticated users can make course requests. See Course requester role for details of how to restrict users who can make course requests.
Bulk course creation
It is not yet possible to create courses in bulk, however this feature is coming in Moodle 2.6 (MDL-13114).