A resource is an item that a teacher can use to support learning, such as a file or link. Moodle supports a range of resource types which teachers can add to their courses. In edit mode, a teacher can add resources via a drop down menu. Resources appear as a single link with an icon in front of it that represents the type of resource.
- Book - Multi-page resources with a book-like format. Teachers can export their Books as IMS CP (admin must allow teacher role to export IMS)
- File - A picture, a pdf document, a spreadsheet, a sound file, a video file
- Folder - For helping organize files and one folder may contain other folders
- IMS content package - Add static material from other sources in the standard IMS content package format
- Label - Can be a few displayed words or an image used to separate resources and activities in a topic section, or can be a lengthy description or instructions
- Page - The student sees a single, scrollable screen that a teacher creates with the robust HTML editor
- URL - You can send the student to any place they can reach on their web browser, for example Wikipedia