Adding a wiki
- With the editing turned on, in the section you wish to add your wiki, click the "Add an activity or resource" link (or, if not present, the "Add an activity" drop down menu )and choose Wiki.
- This will take you to the wiki settings page titled "Adding a new wiki".
- In an existing wiki, the wiki settings can be found in Settings > Wiki administration > Edit settings.
Wiki administration settings
- The name you give to your wiki here will appear as the link on the course page for your students to click.
- Explain the purpose of your wiki here. (This description may or may not be compulsory depending on your admin's settings.)
Display description on course page
If this box is checked, then the description you added above will appear with the wiki link on the course page.
First page name
- The name you add here will form the first page of your new wiki. It is a required field and once a name has been entered,it can't be changed.
- Choose between "Individual wiki" where each student gets their own, or "Collaborative wiki" where students work together on a single wiki.
- Set the default type of editing your wiki will use. Chooose from
- HTML - editing using the normal text editor
- Creole - a popular wiki editing language. If this is selected, a small editing toolbar will appear.
- NWiki - a wiki editing language used in the contributed NWiki module.
If you check this box then students cannot choose their own method of editing the wiki.
Common module settings
Restrict access settings
Locally assigned roles
In Settings > Wiki administration > Locally assigned roles selected users can be given additional roles in the activity.
Role permissions for the activity can be changed in Settings > Wiki administration > Permissions.