Mobile app latest: Moodle HQ will no longer be developing the iOS app My Moodle. Instead an app Moodle Mobile will be developed on HTML5 and Phonegap. See the announcement Mobile Moodle app moving to HTML5 for further details.
The official Moodle mobile app for iPhone, My Moodle, developed and maintained by Moodle HQ, is available for download (free!) from the Apple Online Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/my-moodle/id461289000
- This app only works with Moodle 2.1 or later
- Mobile web services must also be enabled on the Moodle site.
This app is not a replacement for the Moodle interface, it just provides you with some useful additional tools.
Adding your Moodle site
After downloading the app you are prompted to enter the address of your Moodle site and your username and password.
Functionalities (tasks) are displayed with icons on the home page of the app.
This functionality allows you to select or capture an image, sound recording or video from your mobile device and quickly post it directly to your "Private files" area in Moodle. If you are offline, the file is saved and can be uploaded later when you are online.
Once the files are on Moodle, they are then easily accessible whenever you need to insert an image into a forum post, post an assignment or anything else that uses files.
This feature allows you to see all the courses you are enrolled in, and to browse the contact information for all the users in those courses.
- You can see photos and descriptions of all people (according to your capabilities and privacy settings etc)
- If they have phone numbers defined, you can call them or send an SMS with a single click.
- If they have email addresses you can send them an email.
- If Moodle messaging is enabled you can also send a private message.
- If notes are enabled and you have the appropriate capability you can add a private note about someone
The web icon enables you to access the web version of your Moodle site.
The help icon provides access to the Moodle documentation.
in Moodle 2.2! A new button 'Contents' enables all resources in a course to be downloaded for offline viewing.
The Moodle mobile app for iPhone is available for download for free from the iTunes app store (with FULL functionality). However the source code is owned by Moodle Pty Ltd and will not be initially distributed under the GPL.
On the Moodle mobile app roadmap is an app for Android. This will definitely be GPL and free for download and modification by other developers. This is in keeping with the philosophy of the Android platform and will allow the community to innovate on that platform.
- Mobile web services
- Using Moodle Moodle for mobile forum
- Tracker area Moodle for Mobiles
- Official Moodle Mobile App for iPhone – Released! and New Version of the official My Moodle from Moodle HQ submitted to App Store blog posts by Gavin Henrick
- Video demonstration - Moodle Mobile App for iPhone
- Mobile app developer notes including the Mobile app roadmap
- Unofficial clone for Android and Blackberry