There are many ways to customize the way Moodle appears.
- Themes - are a set of instructions that determine the colors, line widths, block heading formats and CSS on your Moodle site. A site can have more than 1 theme. They can be selected for:
- Course Category
- My Moodle
- Blocks can add many visual elements, as well as activities in the course. The list is long but includes:
- HTML(basically a blank block to put text, images or some custome html code
- RSS keep your course fresh with RSS feeds from your favorite source
- Glossary - put entries from a glossary
- Language - you can force or allow different languages by defining them in a Context
- Front Page - The Home page of the site can have it's own look.
- Site settings - The default theme, establish sticky blocks and defaults for the entire site
Appearance means different things to many people. Just remember that Moodle is modular, contextual and open source. Thus if the interface can not alter the appearance of something, it probably is possible to do it by altering the code.