Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Question contexts.
- Simple Calculated
- Calculated Multichoice
- Embedded Answers (Cloze)
- Multiple Choice
- Random Short-Answer Matching
The question bank
From Moodle 1.9 we can share questions in different contexts. Each different context has a separate question category hierarchy.
Question category contexts are :
- Activity context : questions only available to one activity module.
- Course context : questions available to all activity modules in a course and within the course from the 'Questions' link in the course administration block.
- Course category contexts : questions available to all activity modules and courses in the course category (remember one course category can contain other course categories, you can share your questions in any or all of the parent course categories).
- Core System context : questions available in all courses and activities on your site.
Question capabilities are tested in the relevant context. So, for example, to add a question to a category you must have the add capability for that context. See roles and capability help for more info.