Progress Bar block
Note: You are currently viewing documentation for Moodle 1.9. Up-to-date documentation for the latest stable version is available here: Progress Bar block.
- The Progress Bar is a time-management tool for students.
- It visually shows what activities/resources a student is supposed to interact with in a course.
- It is colour coded so students can quickly see what they have and have not completed/viewed.
- The teacher selects which pre-existing activities/resources are to be included in the Progress Bar and when they should be completed/viewed.
- Block code
- Moodle Add-ons Posting (Please add comments here)
- Bug Tracker Page (Please report bugs here)
The Progress Bar block is added like other blocks (How to install a block).
Once the progress bar is installed, you can use it in a course as follows.
- Turn editing on
- Create your activities/resources as normal
- Add the Progress Bar block to your page (How to add a block)
- Move your Progress Bar block into a prominent position, eg. top-left (click and drag the block title)
- Click the Configuration icon on the block below the title
- Give your Progress Bar block a title (default is "Progress Bar")
- Check the activities/resources you want shown in the block
- Set the date and time when the activity/resource is expected to be completed/viewed by (some activities have deadlines set, if so, that deadline can be used or another can be set in the Progress Bar block configuration)
- Save changes
Hidden items will not appear in the Progress Bar until they are unhidden. This is useful for a scheduled release of activities.
- Thanks to:
- Toshimi Hatanaka for contributing a Japanese translation
- Yvonne Schneider and Joachim Vogelgesang for contributing a German translation
- Maria João Spilker for contributing a Portuguese-Brazilian translation
- Pieter Wolters for contributing a Dutch translation
- Fernando Sánchez for contributing a Spanish translation
- Fabien Sartoretti for contributing a French translation
- Adam Levy for contributing queries and strings for Hot Potatoes support