Moodle 2.0.3 release notes
Release date: 5th May 2011
- MDL-9376 - Q and A forum posts only visible after editing time has expired
- MDL-4633 - Description field in user profile is no longer a required field
- MDL-26697 - Multiple multimedia plugin filter fixes and improvements
- MDL-24724 - There is now a link to send messages on basic profile pages
User interface changes
- MDL-26388 - Duplicate files uploaded through the file picker are now handled
- MDL-26535 - New capability mod/workshop:viewauthorpublished for controlling visibility of workshop published submission authors
- MDL-25834 - Fixes to themes for IE
A number of security issues were resolved, including changes to APIs. Administrators are advised to update before details of security issues are revealed, which will happen one week after release.
- MSA-11-0012 - Authentication issue
- MSA-11-0013 - Group/Quiz permissions issue
- MSA-11-0014 - Personal details displayed without permission
- MSA-11-0016 - Ability to fill a database with invalid records through ratings
- MSA-11-0017 - Ability to generate invalid records in the comments table in the database
Changes to APIs
- Multiple fixes to ratings
- Modules etc wanting to make use of ratings are now required to implement two callback functions, modname_rating_permissions() and modname_rating_validate(). Full details of the callbacks are available in the rating 2.0 documentation
- Comments API improvements
- Plugins intending to use comments are required to implement two callback functions: pluginname_comment_validate(), and pluginname_comment_permissions. Please read full details in Comments documentation.
Fixes and improvements
- MDL-26643 - Fixed blog visibility issue after update
- MDL-26768 - Grades from Lessons are now correctly set to null on non-attempt
- MDL-26798 - Fixes to Dropbox repository integration
- MDL-27116 - Fixed theme directory linking
- MDL-27246 - Able to checkout strings in the language customisation tool
- MDL-27251 - Added optional timeout estimation to file downloads based on file size as it can blocks upgrade
- MDL-27394 - Backup and restore might sometimes have scrambled the order of choices in question types.
A total of over 200 changes were made. See the full list of fixed issues in 2.0.3.